Creating innovative, meticulously designed apartments in the heart of Bowden, capitalising not only its unique location but offering all residents 5-Star green living. At 354 Bowden, ‘sustainability’ is more than a buzzword – it’s about embracing the future of our planet and our people.
The Bowden precinct is committed to achieving high Green Star community rating with a strong focus on design, culture and diversity. The Green Star rating was introduced by The Green Building Council of Australia, to encourage and educate Australian builders, developers and architects to take charge in the creation of a sustainable future, reducing the impact on greenhouse gas emissions, energy usage, water consumption and more.
354 Bowden has been designed to achieve more than just beautiful homes and functional living spaces – the whole precinct has been designed to achieve a 5 Star Green Star Rating, through the integration of a range of sustainability initiatives that help to reduce negative impacts as well as living costs as follows:
Energy and Green House Gas Emissions Initiatives
- Passive design – each elevation and the building orientation has been considered separately and glazing and facade treatments optimised, with external shading used to minimise summer solar gains.
- A building facade and engineering services design optimised using computer modelling integrative design techniques.
- Selection of energy efficient lighting fittings (LED) with automated lighting control systems to common areas.
- Air conditioning using high efficiency reverse cycle systems, with On-The-Park served by VRV systems, with individual user and room control. Ceiling fans will be provided to bedrooms.
- Centralised hot water generated by a gas boosted system.
- Demand controlled car park ventilation systems with inverter controlled variable speed fans and carbon monoxide sensor control.
- Extensive metering and sub-metering for energy management, connected to a fully integrated Energy Management System.
- Light coloured roof coverings to reflect heat and reduce the site solar heat island effect.
- Using zero ODP refrigerants and insulation.
- Designed to achieve an average 7 Star NaTHERS certified outcome.
Water, Waste Water and Stormwater Initiatives
- Providing reticulated recycled water supplies for toilet flushing, laundry and landscape watering use.
- Water efficient fittings with the following minimum WELS ratings: taps – 6 Stars, WC’s – 4 Stars, showers – 3 Stars
Indoor Environment Quality Initiatives
- Using paints, sealants, adhesives, carpets, and other coverings which have low off-gassing properties (low VOC, low formaldehyde).
- Maximising access to daylight whilst minimising glare to all dwellings and all above ground common areas
- Design modelling to optimise the facade and internal air conditioning systems approach in order to maximise thermal comfort.
- Use of locally sourced materials wherever viable.
- Use of materials with a comparatively low embodied energy/carbon profile, wherever viable.
- Use of building materials with a recycled material content e.g. thermal insulation, reinforcement bar, and recycled content floor coverings, wherever viable.
- Utilising an Environmental Management Plan and Environmental Management System (EMS) that is certified to ISO 14001 standards.
- Managing construction waste (including demolition) such that a minimum of 90% of all waste (excluding soil, contaminated waste, and green waste) is diverted from landfill.
Buying at 354 Bowden is an investment in more than just your future, it’s an investment in the future of our planet, community and your pocket.